In a number of places within Natural HR there is the ability to customise a display colour of items being shown on the screen. In section 1 below, we've covered how to change the colour of a Timeoff type and further down the page in section 2, we've covered how to change the colour of other calendar items.
1. How do I change the colour of a Timeoff type?
Please go to, Administration (top of the left-hand menu bar) > HR > Timeoff management > Timeoff types. Then click Edit (pencil icon) on the timeoff type you would like to change.
To select colours you need to use the inbuilt colour picker (unless you know HTML HEX colours) - the actual process of choosing and storing the colour can be a little tricky until you know how to use the colour picker.
a) Above, next to the 'Calendar colour' field you will see a coloured box and a small icon which leads to the Colour Picker.
b) To activate the colour picker you simply click on the box or the small icon and this will launch the colour picker tool.
c) Once the colour picker is displayed there are three main actions you can use.
1. To choose a colour from those currently in view you can drag the circle in the left colour area to choose the colour you wish to use.
2. If the colour you wish to use is not shown (typically it will show blacks, greys and white to the left and then various shades of the colour group you have chosen to the right - in this case green). You can use the vertical bar containing all the colours (to the right of the picker) to choose a different colour all together - for example to move from green to red, blue, yellow and so on.
3. The bars at the bottom will show you the previous colour selection (Left) and the new newly selected colour (Right)
Once you are satisfied with the colour selection, select Choose to allocate your chosen colour.
2. How do I change the colour of other calendar entries?
You can change the colour of other items on the calendar such as Events, Reminders, Training, Public holidays etc by using the same inbuilt colour picker accessed via Administration (top of the left-hand menu bar) > Company > Options > Calendar options.
Click on the colour you would like to change and follow the same steps as above to pick a new colour.