This report recipe will show you the steps to create a mileage report for the current month, this can be a quick and easy way to view what Mileage claims have been submitted across the month centrally, rather than checking individual mileage reports, which can then be used by a payroll team to make appropriate payments.
To get started navigate into Reporting -> Report Builder
Once you're in Report Builder click the Add button to create a new report.
Report builder is cut up into various sections for each aspect of the report, I'll name each section below and then list what the value(s) for that section should be.
- Select a Report Type - Table.
- Select a Data Source - Mileage Reports.
- Select a Report Name - Mileage Claims This Month (or anything suitable).
- Select a Report Description - Add as required.
- Select Report Category - Add as required.
Select Fields -
- Report ID.
- Report Name.
- Full Name.
- Report Distance
- Report Datestamp.
- If you require any additional fields or just want different data to be returned in the report then feel free to improvise this section and select any fields you like, this can also be edited after the report is made so there are no mistakes at this point.
- Select Groups - Full Name.
- Select Aggregate - NULL.
- Select Order By - NULL.
Select Filters -
- Active | Equals | Active.
- Report Datestamp | This Month.
Once complete click Save -> View Report.
The report should now look something like this:
It will show all Mileage claims submitted in the current calendar month and group the records by the employee that they were submitted against.
This report recipe is a very simple guide for creating an easy to read Mileage report, it can be further refined and built upon in order to create a more sophisticated report but this can serve as a head-start when doing so.
For more report recipes follow this link: Report Recipes – Natural HR Support.