Within Natural HR there are a total of 9 different User Groups available for you to choose from when setting up a User. Each group gives the user a different set of permissions and access rights, and there are also a number of options available for users within those groups. This article describes the HR user group's permissions.
- HR users are similar to admin level users by default however they do not have access to the 'Company' menu.
- HR users cannot have a secondary user group.
- There's no need as they have almost completely unrestricted module access by default.
- HR user's access to employee data can be restricted by site, job level or company on an individual user basis.
- HR user actions can be limited using the global manager restrictions.
- Global manager restrictions can also be used to restrict HR user access to pay/benefits as well as specific fields.
- You are able to hid the delete button from individual HR users, this does not strictly prevent them from deleting records.
- By default HR users have access to all modules.
By default, an HR user will be able to manage their own profile but you can disable this globally meaning they will not be able to access their employee record, add time off etc for themselves unless done as an “employee” user via self-service.
- This is done within Administration -> Company -> Settings -> Company Settings, under the General Settings section using the 'Restrict HR users from managing their own records' field.
For more information on Permissions please read the articles within this section of our knowledgebase: Permissions – Natural HR Support