Within Natural HR there are a total of 9 different User Groups available for you to choose from when setting up a User. Each group gives the user a different set of permissions and access rights, and there are also a number of options available for users within those groups. This article describes the Manager user group's permissions.
- Manager users are also "employee" users for self- service purposes – additionally, any manager user can also be an approver by default.
- Managers can have a secondary user group of Finance, Recruiter, Trainer or Facilities which extends their permissions in the applicable module associated with each user group.
- Managers only have visibility of those who report into them, they can also optionally see candidates for whom they are set as the hiring manager.
- Manager user actions can be limited using the global manager restrictions.
- Global manager restrictions can also be used to restrict HR user access to pay/benefits as well as specific fields.
- Managers can be set to read-only which only applies to the employee record, meaning they cannot edit or delete records in the Employee module.
- The global manager restrictions can be used to disable the manager user group's ability to delete time off, training records etc.
- By default managers are able to access all modules but will only have the ability to view their own downline not the entire organisation.
For more information on Permissions please read the articles within this section of our knowledgebase: Permissions – Natural HR Support