Within Natural HR it is possible to lock form responses. This gives managers, HR and admin users the ability to decide when employees should see their comments within a review form.
This option will only appear if the Performance Review form has the setting "Visible to employee" set to "Yes".
A common usage scenario might be:
- A performance review form is completed by the employee and submitted to the manager.
- The manager locks the form whilst they prepare their response. This hides their response from the employee until they are ready for the employee to view it.
- Once the manager has finished, they unlock the form and the employee can then view the manager's comments.
This setting that enables this behaviour is applied when creating or editing a Performance Review form in Form Builder, which can be found under:
Administration > Company > Form Builder
Administration > HR > Form Builder
When creating a new form or editing an existing one within the Form Builder, you will need to make sure that "Visible to employee" is set to "Yes", at which point the "Option to lock Form response(s)" setting will appear, for which you have 3 options:
The available options are:
- No - The form responses cannot be locked.
- Yes - locked upon publishing - The form responses can be locked, and are locked by default when the form is published. If the employee is the first recipient of the form, this should not be used, as the employee will be unable to complete the form.
- Yes - unlocked upon publishing - The form responses can be locked, but the form is unlocked by default when published. If the employee is the first recipient of the form, use this option, so that they can complete the form when they receive it.
Once an employee has completed the form, if the manager wishes to lock or unlock the form they will need to go to:
Performance > Review forms
Locate the form in the list and click on the View Data (magnifying glass) icon in the actions column to view the form submissions:
This will present a list of all completed forms of this type, with the name of the employee who completed them. In the "Actions" column will be a padlock icon which will either be Open or Closed:
Open padlock - This means that the form is responses are unlocked - the employee can review the manager's comments. Click on the padlock to lock it.
Closed padlock - This means that the form responses are locked - the employee cannot review the manager's comments. Click on the padlock to unlock it.
Toggling Lock Status
If you have already published a form, and the lock status was set incorrectly, you can choose to "toggle" the lock status. This will affect any forms which have been published in the last 14 days.
This option can be found in the Actions for an existing form, in the Form Builder interface:
This will toggle the status of any forms of this type published in the last 14 days.
- All locked forms will be unlocked
- All unlocked forms will be locked
For further information on building forms, please see our training video, available here: Forms.