Announcements are the equivalent of a "digital notice board" within Natural HR; announcements now display on the right hand side of every page in the system.
You can access the announcements module under:
Administration > HR > Announcements
When you first use Announcements, the first thing you need to do is to create Categories as every Announcement needs to be assigned a Category.
Categories are accessed by clicking the 'Categories' button within the Announcements module - as per normal functionality, you can add, edit and delete categories as required.
When adding a category there are only two options - Name and Colour which is chosen from a list of options via a drop down. You can also select 'Custom' from this drop down which will open a colour picker where you can further customise your announcements.
To add an Announcement you simply need to click the 'Add' button when inside the Announcements module and complete the fields on the screen.
Most of the fields are self-explanatory but there are a few fields which warrant additional explanation:
1. Pinned - Pinning an announcement will ensure that it remains at the top of the announcements list.
2. Category - this links the post to the Announcement Category as created above. Alternatively, if you have forgotten to add a category beforehand you can do so from this screen by using the 'Add' next to this field.
3. Status - This refers to the announcement being "Active" or "Inactive". Active will mean that the announcement is to be displayed, inactive may be used if you are preparing an announcement and do not wish for it to be displayed immediately
3. Link to company document - if you want to attach a link to a document stored in Company Documents you can do so from the list. Please be aware, the list shows all documents regardless of their permissions so, whilst a document may be limited to one department under Company Documents this will still be eligible in the list.
4. Department permissions - if you wish to restrict an announcement to a selection of departments then you can do so from the list of your company departments. If you do not choose any departments, then the system will publish the announcement to all of them by default.
5. Site Permissions - if you wish to restrict an announcement to a select of site locations you can do so from this list of site locations. If you do not select any of these options this announcement will apply to all sites.
6. Expiry date - if you only want to the Announcement to be visible for a limited time you can enter an Expiry date, after which the Announcement will no longer be shown.
7. Send email - If selected, an automatic email will be sent out to employees informing them of this announcement. The email will only be sent to those who based on the permissions, are set to receive the announcement. The announcement must also be set to "Active" in order for the email to be sent.
Once created, the Announcements are then shown on the right hand side of each page and are colour coded according to the Category settings specified earlier:
Please note, by default, only the 5 most recent Announcements are displayed at any time.
Announcements on Mobile Devices
When on a mobile device, the Announcements section of the screen is collapsed in order to optimise the amount of space on the screen. To expand the announcements section, click the 'circled arrow icon' at the top of the screen.