Note: The below article refers to the "system default" approval process used when a custom approval workflow is not present. For further information on custom approval workflows, please refer to this article.
- As an Administrator, HR or Manager level user, you have the ability to be able to approve requests made by employees.
- As an Administrator or HR user, you are able to approve requests across the entire organisation.
- As a manager, you will only be able to approve, or reject requests made by your team members.
When a new request requires your approval, you will receive an email notifying you that a request has been submitted. The email will contain an "Action Now" button which will direct you through to the specific request where you can view the relevant information and act upon it. An example email notification is shown below:
Secondly, under the Workflows section of the To Do screen on the right side of NaturalHR, the request will be visible:
By clicking on the item in the workflow section or the "Action Now" button in the email, you will be able to view the relevant information and approve or decline it (and add comments as desired) which will be recorded against the request and fed back to the employee.
Once you have responded to a request, the employee will receive an email notifying them of the outcome. The request outcome will also appear under the "Recent Actions" section on their home screen.
Important workflow information:
- The workflow section is displayed in reverse order (oldest requests at the top, newest at the bottom). The main reason for this is that requests which have been waiting for action for the longest amount of time typically require your attention before newer requests.
- The workflow can only display a maximum of 25 items at a time. If an item does not appear in the workflow you may need to action some older requests before the newer items will appear.
- It is important to note that if you are using a custom approval workflow relevant notifications will appear under the "Notices" section, rather than in the workflow section of the sidebar.