When an employee decides to leave the company, there is a very simple process of making them a 'Leaver' within the Natural HR system. This places the user in an archive as of their leave date and is also often referred to as 'Archiving' an employee.
To make an employee a leaver, you will need to go to
People > Employees
locate the appropriate employee and select the 'Leaver' action found at the bottom of the screen
Clicking the Leaver button you will be presented with the leaver form
- Employee - A drop-down to select the employee name. This is a mandatory field and, when accessed from the employee card, is pre-populated.
- Leaving date - The date at which the employee is leaving the organisation. This is used to automatically pro-rate the employee's time off allowance based on their leaving date and is mandatory.
- Resignation date - The date of the employee's resignation. This is an optional field.
- Last working day - The employee's last working day. This is an optional field.
- Reason - The employee's leave reason. This list is populated with the leave reasons defined in
Administration > HR > Data management > Exit reasons
and is mandatory. Have a look at our knowledgebase article surrounding Exit Reasons for further detail on this.
- Document - This is an option you can turn on by going to
Administration > Company > Settings >Company settings
and in the 'Document Management' section choose 'Yes' from the 'Leaver - include document' option
- Regretted Leaver - This indicates if you feel that the employee's departure would have a negative impact and the business would prefer that they had continued in their employment.
- Comments - Any optional comments you wish to record against the leaver.
- Workflow - optional this may be used to select and trigger a workflow associated with the employee leaving. There may also be a continuous workflow running in the background that could be used to notify someone in the business that this employee is one or more of the following and is leaving:
- Key holder
- Fire warden
- First aider
- Mental health first aider
- Data protection
Click here to read an article about triggering continuous workflows
Once submitted, the employee's time off allowance will be automatically pro-rated based on their leaving date. Have a look at the calculations you can choose from regarding mid-year calculations, here.
If a future date has been added as a leave date, the employee will remain an active employee in the system until then - at which point their employee file will be moved into an archived state, which can be accessed via clicking on the 'Other actions' button and selecting the 'View archived employees' option n located at the bottom of the employee card
Within the View Archived Employees page, you will be able to view any documents, restore, interact with or even delete the employee's file.
Please Note: Natural HR will NEVER delete any employee data from the system. If you no longer deem it necessary to keep a record of the files of your leavers, you will need to manually delete them from the system. Within Natural HR, deletion is permanent and irreversible, so please exercise caution!