It is possible to set a default value for Super Approver and/or Head of Department - if you do this you will lose the ability to manually adjust these values when changing an employee as they will be linked to the relevant meta option.
- You can set the Head of Department in each department
- You can set the Super Approver in the department and in the site
It is recommended that once you do this, you should set these for all sites / departments due to how the restrictions work.
- If you have set a Head of Department at a department level, when you choose that department (or if an employee is already in that department) you will no longer see the Head of Department dropdown on the Employee change screen - when you submit the change the employee Head of Department will be set based on the defaulted value in the chosen department.
- If you have set a Super Approver at a site level, when you choose that site (or if an employee is already in that site) you will no longer see the Super Approver dropdown on the Employee change screen - when you submit the change the employee Super Approver will be set based on the defaulted value in the chosen site.
- If you have set BOTH a Super Approver at a site level AND at a department level, the department value will always take precedence - this allows you to have someone who is based in an office where their Super Approver is not the regional Super Approver but can be someone based upon their department setting.
If the Super Approver or Head of Department change for a department/site, you can update these by either manually changing the employee record with the relevant change date (you do not actually need to change anything but by registering the date and change reason these will then be applied against the change of Head of Department or Super Approver which is automated) and reason or using a bulk update.
Alternatively, on the index page for departments and sites there is an icon next to those which have Head of Department or Super Approver set which you can use to do this in bulk.
Please note, if you use this option it will record a job change history effective today with no reason listed - if you need a different date or change reason then you should use one of the methods above.