When you create a form you can set certain permissions on fields:
- Employee cannot view or update, so this should mean it will be visible to HR access level users and the employee’s manager.
- Employee can update field, the employee and their manager as well as HR and Admin access level users can update this field
- Employee can update field, manager cannot update field
- Employee can view only, they cannot update the field
- HR Only, only HR and Admin access level users
- Fields can also be restricted by roles like Employee, Employee's Manager etc. as well as being restricted to specific users which are selectable within this dropdown list.
With Show advanced options turn on you can see the Database field name and Clone field options as well as other options including the Field access option.
Here are some Field access permissions set for my own form, in this example the Employee will not be able to even see let alone update fields 3 and 4.
When the Employee logs in and accesses the form, options 3 and 4 are not visible and the Employee cannot update the Date option:
However, when their Manager accesses the same form, they can see all 5 fields/options and can update the Date option:
These permissions can apply to different field types including Date, HTML, Accordion and Text.