Once you have created your Asset categories and Asset types, click here to read the article showing how to add Asset Categories and Asset types, you are ready to add assets into Natural HR via:
Facilities > Assets
Click on the 'Add' button. Then add as much information as possible to uniquely identify the asset.
- Asset type - This is a mandatory field, select from the dropdown one of the Asset types you have created.
- Asset name - Provide a meaningful descriptive name for the asset.
- Asset tag - Use the manufacturer's tag if there is one, or enter your own company asset tag ID if you wish.
- Serial number - Enter the serial number, this will be a unique identifier instead of an Asset tag.
- Warranty expiry - This might be useful if you want to report assets with warranty running out in a specific time frame.
- Supplier - Who the asset was purchased from.
- Purchase date - when the asset was purchased.
- Purchase price - useful for reporting the value of all assets by type.
- PO number - May be needed when submitting a warranty claim.
- Condition - Enter something to describe the condition of the asset e.g. New, Used etc.
- Location - Use this to identify where the asset is located before it is checked out to an employee e.g. Store 1, Shelf 6a, Box 3 etc.
- Owner - Select from the dropdown, the employee is ultimately responsible for all of the assets of this type.
- Risk/Impact/Probability of loss - Carry out a risk assessment of what would happen if this asset was lost. You can add text such as Low Medium High, Red Amber Green or number values such as a scale of 1 to 5.
- Comments - Add any additional comments to support the information added above.
You can add one or multiple lines to add additional assets in the same screen.
Click 'Submit' when you have entered all the information for the asset(s).
It is also possible to bulk upload assets click here to read an article on how to carry out a bulk upload.