How do I create a Tile report?
The Natural HR Report builder analytics feature provides many data sources and several report types to choose from, giving you the ability to create reports in different formats:
- Pivot table
- Column chart
- Bar chart
- Line chart
- Pie chart
To create a Tile report we go to:
Reporting > Report builder > New report
Choose Tile from Select a report type.
There are many data sources to choose from but consider that a Tile report gives you one single numeric value for each tile which will be a Count, Minimum, Maximum, Sum or Average of a field value. In this example we want a tile to report on the number of Users of a specific access level. So here we will select Users as our data source.
Next, give the tile report a meaningful name.
If required, provide a description for the report.
In the Select the value section
- Select a field, in this example 'User group'
- The aggregate will be 'Count'
- Enter a label name or it will default to the field name if you leave this blank.
Next, we want to apply a filter to make sure only those employee users who are Managers are counted
- Click on the '+' Add filter icon
- Select User group
- Select Equals
- Select Manager
You may wish to see the tile report a value which will be highlighted in a distinctive colour. In the Select Tile Indicators section:
- Click on the '+' Add indicator icon
- Add a Lower indicator value
- Add an Upper indicator value
- Choose a background colour for the tile
- Choose the text colour on the tile
Note: Use the slider on the scale or move the mouse around in the box to choose your colour or enter the # hexadecimal value for precise colour matching to your branding guidelines.
In the Select Tile Options section:
- Add a value prefix or suffix e.g. £, $ where the value you are reporting is financial
- Create a drill down link to another report to provide more supporting detail for the value
- In this example we already have created a table report called
- Users -managers that we have selected here.
After clicking on 'Edit report' followed by 'View Report' we can see the tile report showing there are 10 manager users. The tile is orange because we set our tile indicators in section 7 - Select Tile Indicators to display orange if the value was between 6 and 10.
Click anywhere on the tile to view the drilldown table report.
The drilldown table report will give you access to more information about the Users belonging to the managers group.
Repeat this process to create other tiles in this case for Admin, HR and Employee user groups. Once you have done this you can create a dashboard to display all the tiles together.
Click here to read an article on Creating and sharing a dashboard.
Please sign in to leave a comment.