Social chat forms part of the Social stream feature which gives your Natural HR users the ability to recognise their colleagues for a job well, done, birthdays, congratulations on promotion or passing an exam etc.
You can read other Social stream related knowledgebase articles by clicking on these links:
If enabled, Social chat appears at the top of the Social stream feature on each Natural HR users' home page.
To enable Social chat go to:
Administration > Company > Settings > Social > Social settings
- Social stream status must be set to 'Enabled'
- Social chat status must be set to 'Enabled'
Please note: Although it is possible to enable Social stream but disable Social chat, if you disable Social stream then Social chat will not be available to use on its own.
With Social chat enabled, you can make use of the Social moderation feature which will help to control the content of the Social chats posts made by your Natural HR users.
- You can choose what content you want to moderate in your Natural HR users' posts
- All posts with images
- All posts with videos
- All posts with links
- Natural HR provides a default list of common profanities. This list cannot be viewed or edited but you can create your own list by entering them as comma separated words here.
Please note: Any words you add here will not be added to the default profanities list, instead your list will replace the default list of profanities, so only the words you add will be moderated.
Once you have made your changes, click on 'Submit' to save your changes and finish.
Now, when a Natural HR user enters a post which meets the criteria for moderation, the user will see a warning telling them their post has been queued for moderation and to come back later.
An email notification will be sent to the HR mailbox, which is set by going to:
Administration > Company > Company settings > Notifications
As an HR or Admin access level user you can click on the 'Login' button to access the Social moderation queue or by going to:
Administration > HR > Social moderation
Here you can see all of the posts that are waiting to be approved. In this example you can see:
- Text and a link to a shopping website.
- A video, you can play the video to check if it is acceptable.
- One of the words we added to our profanities list, or one of the words if using the default profanities list.
- One of the words we added to our list of profanities with an * substituting one of the vowels, in this case 'e'. If more letters are substituted e.g. A****s then this will not be moderated but in this example it would be difficult to work out what the original word was anyway.
- This is a link, you can click on the link to check if it is acceptable.
- An image.
- Next to each queued post there is a check box, select one or more of these to then
- Approve or Decline the post(s)
Posts that have been approved will then appear in the social stream for all Natural HR users