Within Natural HR's employee module you can record a number of key dates related to the employee, including their Start Date and Probation Date.
Following customer feedback, we have recently made a change so that:
- If an employee has a probation date already set, and
- If the employee's start date is subsequently altered
Then we will automatically adjust the employee's probation date to take account of their new start date. This automatic change will apply regardless of whether you update the employee's start date using the "Edit" icon on the employee card, or using the "Update Employees" bulk uploader.
The new probation date will be the same number of days after the new start date as it was originally, so for example:
- If you have an employee whose start date is 20/08/2020 and
- Their probation date is 20/09/2020 (31 days later) and
- You change the employee's start date to 25/08/2020
- The employee's probation date will be automatically adjusted to 25/09 2020 (31 days later)
This change will only apply if there is already a probation date present when you alter the start date. It won't add a probation date if there wasn't one present before. This change also won't apply automatically if you change the probation date yourself at the same time as changing the start date.