Natural HR provides the ability to export data to a third party payroll system, namely JC Payroll and DataPlan Payroll. In these two cases, the exported data is in the format and structure which can be exported from Natural HR and imported into the respective payroll system. Natural HR also provides a generic export of data in the form of multiple date and time stamped csv files, containing data which can then be edit and/or restructured if necessary to import into another third party payroll system. To do this go to
Administration -> HR -> Payroll integration -> Payroll integration
At the top of the form you will see an information banner telling you that if you do not specify a date range below, this will be defaulted to the previous 8 weeks - i.e. all starters, leavers etc between today and 8 weeks ago.
Below this banner you will see a form for you to complete.
Please note: Ensure you click on the 'Update settings' button at the bottom of the page after making any changes to settings or entering new, or changing any data. To see the exported files, please click on the 'Download test' button and a zip file will be downloaded containing all the exported files which you can then edit and restructure before importing into your payroll system.
Employee identifier - choose from
- Employee ID
- Finance ID
- Works ID
- National Insurance
Date option - choose from
- Change/start/leave etc date. If you select this option then the data will be sent based on the employee(s) change, start or leave date.
- Entered/modified date. If you select this option then the data will be sent based on the entered or modified date which may be different to the employee's start date.
- Both. If you select this option then the data will be sent based on the employee(s) change, start or leave date or their entered or modified date which may be different to the employee's start date.
Date range 1 - if you selected the 'Change/start/leave etc' date option above
Date range 2 - if you selected the 'Entered/modified date' option above
Date range 1 and Date range 2 - if you selected the Both option above
One of the exported files is a date and time stamped csv file containing starters data. The contents of the file is determined by a combination of the 'Date option' and 'Date range 1' or 'Date range 2' or 'Both'.
For example, you enter an employee into the system on 12th June and they are due to start on 1st July, your entered date range is 1st June to 30th June.
- If you selected the 'Change/start/leave etc' option then the employee would not appear in the starters list. This is because their actual start date is 1st July, and therefore outside your chosen range
- If you selected the 'Entered/modified date' option then the employee would appear in the starters list. This is because although their actual start date is outside your chosen range, their entered data of 12th June does fall within your entered date range.
- If you select the 'Both option and your Date range is the same for both 'Date range 1' and 'Date range 2', the employee will appear in the starters csv file.
Location to send files - choose from
- None - use this option to download the files to your own computer. You can restructure, edit etc the individual files and data before uploading them into your payroll system.
Please note: configuring FTP or Dropbox is a professional service provided by Natural HR.
Below the 'Location to send files' option, there are several options where if you choose 'Yes' or a variation of Yes, a corresponding csv file containing data appropriate to the date range you entered above is created. Some of these files may be empty however, depending on any changes which may occur outside the date range entered.
Send salary changes? - choose from
- Yes - prior changes only
- Yes - prior and future approved changes
Send address changes? - choose from
Send bank changes? - choose from
Send benefits - choose from
- Yes - export as annual value
- Yes - export as monthly value
Send expenses? - choose from
Send timesheets? - choose from
Send time tracking? - choose from
Time off types - any time off types you add here will appear in the date and time stamped time off csv file
Time off types - minimum duration - to include all time off instances relating to the time off types above, enter 1. In this example, only time off instances equal to or greater than 5 will be included in the csv file
Limit access by site - if you leave this blank then data from all employees within the date range from all sites will be included. In this case only employees in this selected site and date range will be reported.
Once downloaded, you will have file(s) you chose to view/download like below.
You have the option to either include all changes or you can specify changes to view. You may encounter issues where you think records are missing for a certain time period when declaring a 'Date range'. If you think this is the case, you can do the following:
When you get the banner above once you have updated the settings, if you now check the URL bar you will see a '#', remove the hash (#) and then hit 'Enter' on your keyboard. You should then click 'Download Test'.
Please Note: This report is not to be confused with the Moorepay Payroll offering as it is a separate integration and is enabled outside of the Moorepay solution.