Natural HR integrates with Greenhouse ATS to allow you to move candidates from Greenhouse into Natural HR automatically once you have marked them as Hired in Greenhouse.
This removes both the time and error potential of having to do this manually.
The setup of the integration takes place in both systems. We are NOT able to give any support on using Greenhouse but have provided basic guidance below on how to get the integration working.
The integration will synchronise the following fields:
- First name
- Last name
- Home telephone number
- Home mobile number
- Home email address
- Address (single line due to how this is stored in Greenhouse)
- Job title
- Department §
- Site §
- Start date
- Salary (including currency) *
- Job status *§
- Company *§
- All candidate documents - this includes the CV/resume, offer pack and any other documents uploaded during the recruitment process
Fields marked * need setup as custom offer fields in Greenhouse to be able to synchronise
Fields marked § must have the EXACT same values in both systems to synchronise - for example, if you have a department in Natural HR called Sales but it is called business development in Greenhouse then it will not syncronise.
Natural HR setup
- To setup the integration you need to go to Admin/Company/Settings/Tokens and click on Add
- Enter a meaningful name for the integration - e.g. Greenhouse
- Choose Greenhouse from the integration list
- Enter a secret - this is a 'password' in effect which allows us to validate that the requests we receive have come from your Greenhouse account. This should be a random string and you should note this down as you will need it once in Greenhouse.
- If you know the names of the Greenhouse fields which contain Salary, Job status and Company then you can enter these now
- Now click on submit
Greenhouse setup - custom offer fields
- Go to custom fields for offers - https://app4.greenhouse.io/custom_fields/offers
- If you already have custom offer fields setup for job status, salary and/or company then note down the names of these fields
- If you do not already have these custom fields setup then click on Add field
- On the next screen, add a unique name for the field
- This is the name you will need to then use in Natural HR to tell us what field to look in for the custom values
- Choose a field type
- For salary you should choose "Currency"
- For job status and/or company you should choose "Single select"
- You then must ensure that the names of the values entered MATCH EXACTLY the values in Natural HR - for example if Natural HR has a job status of Full time and you enter Full-time then this will not syncronise properly.
Greenhouse setup - webhook
- We use the Greenhouse webhook for "Candidate has been hired"
- Go to Webhooks in Dev Center - https://app4.greenhouse.io/web_hooks
- Enter a name for the webhook - e.g. Natural HR webhook
- Choose "Candidate has been hired" from the When dropdown
- We do not support any other webhooks
- Under Endpoint URL enter https://www.naturalhr.net/hr/webhooks/greenhouse.php
- Make sure you enter the URL exactly
- Under secret key enter the key you created in step 4 of Natural HR setup above
- Optionally, enter an email address where Greenhouse will send you an email if the webhook errors
- Click Create webhook
Using the integration
- Go to the candidate you wish to hire
- Ensure the candidate has an offer added for them
- Once you have done this, click on Manage offer
- Then click on "Mark Candidate as Hired"
- In the popup, check and make sure the values are all correct then click Save and you will see the confirmation that the candidate has been hired
- This will then send a request to Natural HR to add the employee based on the information added - this will usually be within a few minutes. A slight delay is expected as Greenhouse only process their webhooks every few minutes.
- You can check if the webhook has worked by going to https://app4.greenhouse.io/configure/dev_center/web_hooks and clicking on Web hook log
- You should then see something like the below - if you do then the data has been sent to us and will be processed accordingly.