The Natural HR form builder gives you the ability to create and use custom forms which can be used to collect and report on recorded data from responses.
Previously, there was no provision to access the 'Form builder' function when the form already had responses and therefore data stored against it. This is to protect the integrity of the data i.e. to ensure that no data is lost due to the deletion of a form field. In order to be able to edit the custom form, you would need to first delete all of the stored form data.
You can now edit any form even if has existing responses, without deleting the stored data.
Please note: You will not be able to add new fields or delete or duplicate fields, so you can only work with the existing fields.
To edit a form, go to
Administration > Company or HR > Form builder
then in the 'Actions' column, select the 'Form builder' action which is accessible even though in this case there are 2 responses for this form.
At the top of the form builder screen you will see an information banner telling you that your ability to modify the form has been limited.
What changes can you make?
- Field display label - If you update the field display label then this will update the corresponding report dataset, if it exists, so reporting will be updated to use the new label.
- Mandatory field - You can change from 'Yes' to 'No' and vice versa.
- Field type - You cannot make any changes to the field type, so you cannot change a text field to a dropdown for example.
- Database field name - this cannot be changed.
- Clone field - you cannot change clone field status.
- Field description - you can edit, add or delete field description information.
- Uneditable once completed - If you choose 'Yes', once this field has a value entered and the form is submitted, it will not be able to be changed again.
- Field order - You can reorder fields.
- HTML field - For HTML content, you can change the content entirely i.e. remove and replace but you cannot remove the field itself.
For custom values in dropdown, checkbox and radioboxes, you can add additional values to the list but you cannot edit or delete existing values already in the list.
- Candidate field - you cannot edit this field in an application form where it is is linked to the relevant field in Candidates
- Field weighting (%) - for forms which use 'Field weighting'. it is not possible to change the weighting set in the field.