Currently Employees are able to update their working location using work status. This status can be edited by the Employee and displays on the homepage of Admin / HR users, the Employee card, and via Directory.
However, you may want to display an Employee's current working status on the calendar. To do this you'll need to create a new time off type for your options i.e In Office / Working from Home. This time off type can then be 'booked' to display the working location on the calendar.
Your Time off Type should include the following settings:
- Deduct from employee allowance - No
- Paid - Yes
- Authorised - Yes
- Balance able to be carried over - No
- Continue to accrue whilst booked - Yes
- Viewable of public calendar - Yes fully visible
- Bookable by employees - (This will depend on whether you would like Employees to be able to add the entry to the calendar themselves)
- Classify as out of office - No
Usually time off requests will require approval however you may choose to have this type be auto-approved. To achieve this you'll need to set up a Time off Approval workflow that is notify only and have it trigger for these specific time off types.
The articles below will help you to set this up but if you're having trouble please contact the Support team who will be happy to assist.